HypnoticSheepHypnoticSheep

Main Games Favorites Reviews Stats

kevin bacon puzzle kevin bacon puzzle

So many bugs...

I couldn't even finish playing this, there were bugs making me teleport around the screen to my death. Kevin Bacon would be ashamed, and is probably turning over in his grave right now.

fortunacus responds:

stupid faggot, can you make this similar game??? asshole

Narcolyxii Narcolyxii

So bad....

Decent idea, but executed terribly. The story was almost nonexistant, gameplay was overly repetitive with no real replay value, and it had dozens of bugs. Everyone else has already posted the bugs, so I won't repeat them all. The worst was the Nitrogen Generator bug, where selecting the nitrogen generator made it impossible to switch back to the laser cannon. Patch up the bugs and make the interface a bit more user-friendly, and you'll probably start getting better ratings.

REPLAYING :the game: REPLAYING :the game:

Great game

Not exactly original though, I would've liked to see a bigger difference from number one. The new play modes were a nice touch (gun rights, etc.). Overall, I liked it.

Also, I'm not getting the medals for The End or Unlock-Ness Monster, not sure why.

Scribbland Scribbland

Great game!

It presents you with a challenge (the control scheme), then forces you to master it while playing through a series of increasingly-difficult levels. To me, that sounds like what a game should be, so I don't see what everyone's complaining about. The control system is new and tough to learn, but that's the point. Personally, I really liked it (enough that I played through on Easy and Hard). There was one bug though: if you beat level 19 and return to the menu, it gives you the "You won the game!" pop-up. Overall though, great game.

Arcanorum Arcanorum

A cheap knock-off of Hammerfight.

CONS:
This is basically glitchy clone of Hammerfight. I like that you included the WASD keys as controls, mainly because the mouse controls in this game are awful. The physics aren't right either, I'd say study rotational velocity a bit more and then retool the attack system. Also, after each cutscene, it pushes you down and to the right until you press S and D, which has led to me losing more than a few fights. The slow motion activates occasionally too. Another problem is that you can go infinitely far off-screen, and there's no indicator of where your ship is.
The storyline wasn't very interesting or cohesive, and the level selection screen didn't go with anything else in the game.
When you're fighting Giub (or whatever his name was), every so often when he hits you, you get stuck to him and can't get off. It's happened to me twice so far, basically the two ships stick together and both take small damage until one gets destroyed.
Also, when sounds and music are turned off, ALL of the sounds and music should turn off, not just some of them.
There was a glitch in one of your stages, too. Once you beat the survival stage towards the end of the Good path, nothing happens and you get stuck at a blank screen permanently. Since there's no way to return to the menu from the middle of a stage, you have to refresh the page.

PROS:
The shop system was a huge improvement over the Hammerfight shop system, but it would've been even better if you'd grouped the weapons by category to let people look through it more easily. I also liked the slow motion ability, it was pretty useful in some of the fights. There was also a nice variety of battle types through the storyline, and the ability to choose between good and evil midway through was pretty cool too.

OVERALL:
Did you give your devs a deadline with this? It seems like it got rushed out before being bugtested, or tested at all for that matter. A couple more weeks of work would have made this game great. A good effort and a decent game, but still a 3/10.

Destroy All Cars Destroy All Cars

Great game, but...

This was a great game, but it did get a bit boring after a while. If you put in some way to control the car in mid-air, or make it so the car could explode (a la Burnout), or something like that, it might keep the player's attention longer. The problem is that all you really do in the game is set the ramp angle and then hold down the mouse button for a while. There's a nice strategic aspect to the game, where you have to pick which car is best under the circumstances, then adjust the ramp height to hit in the right spot, but it just felt like there could have been more. The music was great, and fit the game perfectly. Sound effects and graphics worked well too.
Overall, great game. If you could make it more interactive, it'd be even better.

Memoir: Text Adventure Memoir: Text Adventure

Great game!

Played through it a couple times and finally got the Good Ending. It was pretty cool how each event had different outcomes based on your abilities and some luck, I haven't seen many other games like this. Hopefully there'll be a sequel. :D
I managed to get a high score of 174,000, but my score wouldn't post to the leaderboard. :(

BlueFlameSkulls responds:

As far as I can tell the leaderboard works.

Though this particular leaderboard only records one score (whatever your highest was) from each person.

I'm not sure why it won't record. Could be a number of things.

Ups Tetris Ups Tetris

Nicely done.

It works, it looks nice, and I love the techno tetris music. An English translation would be nice, but it's Tetris; everyone already knows what to do anyway. The song stopped playing a while into the game, which was when I stopped playing. Nice remake of a classic game, 8/10

3D Maze Escape V0.1 3D Maze Escape V0.1

...

Play through it once, you'll notice some things that should be fixed. For instance: the ability to win. It goes through an infinite loop, currently; the maze minigame leads back to the first room. And take out that awful transition between rooms, it'll make the game a little more fast-paced and interesting. Right now, it interrupts the flow of the game and breaks the player's attention; taking it out should make it flow a bit more smoothly. Also, instead of making the text a button for the Start and Replay screens, you might want to consider making a button with text on it, which would make it easier to click.
Overall, not bad for a first attempt at Flash. Work on it a bit more, test it fully, and then resubmit it. Til then, I'll have to leave you a 3/10 and a 0/5, but best of luck on the next try.

Rockclaw123 responds:

Thak's for the great reply. I mentioned that there are bugs in the author comments section. I'm going to start a full game that macts more like a maze.

Defense Commander Defense Commander

Not fun at all.

Great game, but you need to dial back the difficulty a few notches. I had over a hundred bombs onscreen at one point, it got to the point where I didn't even need to look, I could just shoot and know I'd hit a bomb. With five enemies onscreen dropping two or three bombs a second, the number of bombs goes up pretty fast. Have you actually tried playing this game? Before you submit a game, try playing through it once. If you can't make it through, don't assume anyone else will be able to.
4 points for good graphics and a new take on an old idea, but the -6 is for difficulty, lack of explanations, and a horrible typing job.